Never Had A Spray Tan Before?…Fear Not!
Are you new to spray tanning? Will this be your first time? Fear not! You are not alone. It’s one of the quickest and easiest beauty treatments available. Perth Body & Beauty prides itself on making you the client feel comfortable. All up, it only takes about 5 – 10 minutes! And then you are free to get changed and get on with your day. For those who are unfammiliar with the process, here’s basically what you will need to know;
Before you come for your tan
- Ideally (but not essential) shower and exfoliate your skin using a loofah or body scrub (this just makes sure you have as little dry skin on)
- Make sure you are not wearing any make up, moisuriser or deaoderant (we want nothing on your skin) – if you are, you will need to wipe off before tan
- Bring or wear loose clothing
- Do not plan to exercise or bathe for serveral hours after tan
When you arrive for your tan
- You will be greeted and asked to fill out a quick client card
- We will explain the process & go over the different tans and find the colour that best suits you
- You will be shown into the spray tan room & asked to remove necessary clothing (you can wear as much or as little as you feel comfortable with – there is no pressure)
- You will be provided with a hair net (& disposable g-string if you want one – again, you can wear your own underwear or go naked)
- You will then step into the spray tan booth & then be sprayed (by a person – not a machine!)
- You will be guided when to move etc, and all up, it only takes about 5 minutes
- You will be dried in about 1 minute & then you are free to get changed
- You will be given a brouchure with instructions on when to wash off the tan, and how to best preserve the life of your tan
- If you have any other questions – you can always call or text!
After you leave
- Depending on which tan you go for (this will be explained on arrival), will determine how long you need to leave the tan on before you wash it off. All tans, except the express tan & city tans, need to stay on your skin for at least 8 hours. Yes, you can sleep in it & it should not stain sheets
- When you shower, do NOT exfoliate (exfoliating will take the tan off). Simply wash as usual with no products (no heavy rubbing either). You will see the bronzer (brown colour) wash off you – this is normal. If you had an express type tan then you will not see much or any tan on your skin (it takes at least 8 – 12 hours to see the developed colour even though you may have washed it off in only a few hours).
- After shower, pat dry skin gently. Don’t moisturise until the next day ideally (or at least 12 hours).
- After the first day, pat dry and moisturise after every shower for as long as you want the tan to stay on
- Generally the tans will stay on your skin for about 5 – 7 days, but this can vary depending on your skin, hormones (cycles), and amount of sweating/activity. Some people report the tan can last 2 weeks, others may only have tan on for 6 days. There is a tan extending product which can you can purchase from us to extend the life of your tan (particularly good if you’re travelling).
- The tan is simply sitting on the top layer of your skin, so anything that promotes the skin to shed, will also take off the tan – things like swimming, spas and saunas
- If you want to extend the life of your tan (such as if you are travelling), then you may like to purchase the tan extender (called Skin Glow) which works by subtely enhancing the depth of the tan, gradually.